Life is easier with instant pots, is there anyone who does not agree with this? Instant pots are our solutions to crazy situations. One of them is certainly forgetting to take the meat out of the freezer.
Suppose you are planning to cook something delicious for today’s dinner. But it occurs to you late that you have actually forgotten to take the main ingredient out of the freezer! It is rather natural to freak out at moments like this.
But not when you have an instant pot. If you haven’t gone through the manual carefully yet, let us tell you that you can thaw and cook the frozen meat in an instant pot.
Process to Thaw Frozen Meat in an Instant Pot
Relax! It is not rocket science. Thawing frozen meat in an instant pot is rather easier than thawing it beforehand and then opting for cooking. Here we are presenting you step by step procedure to thaw meat in an instant pot.
- Place 1/2 cup of water inside your instant pot pressure cooker
- Place a trivet inside the instant pot
- Keep the frozen meat on top of the trivet
- Cover the pot with the lid
- Check carefully, the valve should be in a sealing position
- Check the display panel and select the manual or pressure cook option.
- Next you have to set the timer. Usually, it takes 10 minutes to thaw 1 pound of meat. Use the +/- buttons to set the right time to cook
- Let the instant pot do its job for the given time. The chime from the pot will let you know when the cooking is finished.
Is it Better to Use Instant Pot in Cooking Frozen Meat?
Using an instant pot is the safest option to cook meat directly from the freezer. You might have known about other options to cook frozen meat, where you must thaw the meat before cooking. You cannot put the frozen meat directly into cooking with conventional cooking options. The problem with other stove pot options is that there remains a risk of reaching the danger zone in temperature.
According to USDA, the danger zone temperature for food items is between 40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Most of the stove pots raise the temperature little by absorbing heat. Instant pot, on the other hand, is safer in this condition. It instantly raises the temperature above the danger zone. Hence food items are thawed and cooked without the risk of microbial attack.
Any food item tastes different than the fresh version if it is frozen and thawed. The change in taste is slight. Meat can be put into the freezer and eaten for 1 year. However, take care of the thawing procedure thoroughly and opt for convenient and safe options like using an instant pot to thaw and cook frozen meat.
You can also read: How to Thaw Milk Quickly