Most modern houses today are bound to have a garage. Due to being a space of less humane activity and ventilation, they end up being prone to humidity. This can affect the structure of the whole garage and let in contaminations and mold. This will likely result in your garage staying well maintained and protected. Let us talk about the best dehumidifiers for a garage in 2021!
Best Dehumidifiers in 2021
1. hOmeLabs 3000
The hOmeLabs 3000 is a great, affordable dehumidifier that is perfect for the average garage. If your garage is smaller or bigger than 3000 Sq. Ft, don’t worry as they are available in other sizes too. The design of this dehumidifier is very sleek and slim, and it is ideal for a garage in a modern house.
- Modern design, sleek and slim in shape and lightweight compared to others
- Easy to use dehumidifier device that goes way beyond for your convenience
- Efficiently eliminates moisture and odor from the environment that it is placed
- The water tank might have less capacity than 70 pints as advertised
2. Vremi Energy Star
The Vremi Energy Star is a beast when it comes to the dehumidification process. If your garage has been left unnoticed for a while, just place this one in there and turn it on. It will make you feel like there was no humidity or odor in there ever. This is also a lightweight dehumidifier, meaning that you can probably carry it around with you as you see necessary.
- Designed for portability, highly efficient yet compact for usage and carrying
- Draining process is continuous, just attach to the hose and add to a drain
- Air purification feature lets your garage stay clean and free of contamination
- Very loud and high profile device, will attract attention when turned on
3. AlorAir 198PPD
The AlorAir 198PPD is the solution to your garage being too humidified. This dehumidifier is great for removing the stickiness in the air. This also removes stenches and odor in the process. This is a greatly affordable dehumidifier with defrost features that stops collection of frost. It also ships with a warranty in case you are concerned about reliability.
- Removes moisture and humidity from air with less energy than convention
- Condensation pump is fully heavy duty, meaning it can work for long hours
- Automatic defrosting leads to an easy defrosting process, not allowing frost
- Device does not have a long life according to some customers
4. Ivation 30-Pint Energy Star
Excellent choice for larger or semi-large garages. It removes a great amount of humidity and moisture without any fault for days on. The model is compact and thus easy to move around if needed. Efficiency is achieved as this also has some great features discussed later. This is the best one for cold temperatures unlike others which grow faulty due to defrost.
- Cleans air efficiently from moisture and humidity for best results as needed
- Has some great smart features that lets you adjust fan speed and filter amount
- Defrost function is great for colder temperatures that protect the coil even in cold weather
- Necessary screws for hose attachment will be needed to be bought seperately
5. TOSOT 70 Pint
A lot of people who use dehumidifiers, garage or not, face the problem of noise. This can be an exceptionally annoying problem when the dehumidification is done at night. If your garage needs a dehumidifier that can perform well without making much noise, then look no further than this one. The noise levels with the TOSOT 70 always stay below 41 decibels and it also has an auto restart function. It can therefore turn itself on or off when needed to function properly.
- Best for the budget, has some excellent features unavailable at this price range
- Performs very quietly without disturbing or disrupting the environment
- Auto restart lets the device start functioning wherever its left off
- Has evidently shown problems just after a few months of regular usage
6. Aprilaire 1830 Pro 70-Pint
The Aprilaire 1830 Pro is another juggernaut in the dehumidifier market. For your garage, this would make a great fit if you were to add it. The device is designed with features that lets it remove airborne virus and bacteria, by removing humidity from the air. Can remove as much as 70 pints of water per day. There are some great features here available at this price range that is not available with other dehumidifiers.
- Strong lasting design with corrosion resistant aluminum coils
- Able to remove up to 70 whole pints of water a day without any wear
- Automatically starts the dehumidification process when specific humidity is sensed
- Not built for wooden floors as there are signs of water on the floor after dehumidification
There are a criteria of factors that should concern you before you go ahead and buy a dehumidifier for your garage. Consider going through these thoroughly before you actually make a purchase.
Pick a dehumidifier for your garage accordingly to the garage’s size. It is critical that the device fits the space where it operates. The drying capacity of a dehumidifier is measured by how much water it can remove every 24 hours.
Take measurements of the interior of your garage and choose a dehumidifier accordingly. However, if you cannot find one that fits the size, its best to get one that is above the recommended size. Getting a dehumidifier for your garage that is below the garage’s measurements is going to prove to be problematic.
Humidity control is an important feature when you are looking for a dehumidifier. Monitoring the relative humidity levels with automation is one of the most important aspects for this device. A humidifier with a humidistat will let you dial it up or down to your desired humidity level.
Dehumidifiers will need to be emptied and filled again to function. The bigger the humidifier, the less you will need to face hassle to refill it. There are dehumidifier devices that can self-drain and empty water themselves, given that they have been placed in such a position.
In the colder times of the year, you will want your dehumidifier to stay free of frost. You want a dehumidifier that can therefore function well in colder temperatures. Frost is a major issue in winter for this reason amongst these devices. The best solution is to get a automatic defrost humidifier. This will cost you a little more but it will save you a lot of hassle and possible damage.
Your dehumidifier will likely cause some noise when functioning. It is no easy process to clean the air from humidity and moisture. Therefore, you should want a device that functions quietly. Be aware that the more upper range, heavy duty dehumidifiers will make more noise. They will also likely use more power and thus tax a more costly amount on your electricity bill.
Dehumidifiers are required to be on at all times in non-automated cases. However, with automated designs, this has changed. Dehumidifiers today can operate on their own. By detecting the current level of humidity in the air, intelligent dehumidifiers can understand when they should turn on, off or stay turned on. This makes life much easier for the user without having to worry about turning the device off.
Cost effectiveness and electrical efficiency are important for any electronic device. Dehumidifiers are no different. If you are looking for the best results, choose a dehumidifier that optimizes electricity usage and also functions only when necessary. Remember that a dehumidifier that stays on too long without actually doing anything is a bad thing.
These were the best dehumidifiers for your garage. The garage is a place that you may not visit everyday but you would want to keep clean and dry. Dehumidifiers are great for this purpose, and they are built like that too.
Make sure to skim through the info section before you actually decide on what to buy. It will help you get the best result according to your preferences.
You can also read: Best Garage Refrigerators in 2021