Many of us use our garages for multiple works. Some may make it a workspace, while others may want it to be their personal quiet zone. No matter the reason, we use our basement on a regular basis. But what happens when it gets cold out there? Check out our article about ‘ Best 120v Electric Garage Heaters ‘
The comfort zone disappears, and we become uncomfortable and irritated with our current situation; and an easy solution to that is using a garage heater. But if you want to have the most pleasant experience, you have to go with 120v garage heaters for convenience and electrical efficiency.
Best 120v electric garage heaters
Here are our top picks for the best 120v electric garage heaters available in the market:
1. Dr Infrared DR998 – Best 120v Electric Garage Heaters
If you want a heater to work its magic over an oversized garage, then the DR998 from Dt Infrared is the best 120v option available in the market. This heater packs big punches with it 1500 watts of power and three heat settings systems. It can cover up to 1000 square feet of area without dropping performance.
You can program this heater to function for 12 hours straight without any problems or issues. Not only that, but this heater also serves as a dehumidifier making it the perfect choice for heating your garage.
This heater can also be controller by remote, making it more efficient and time-consuming. And last but not least, this heater is also portable.
- Lightweight and portable heater
- Covers almost any area of 1000 square feet
- Comes with a dual heat system and three heat settings
- Very quiet and safe for children usage
- Auto shut down the system for convenience
- Can be programmed to work 12 hours straight
- Total lifetime 80,000 hours
- The Control panel is confusing
2. Dyson HP02 – Best 120v Electric Garage Heaters
If you are looking for one of the best 120v electric garage heaters that come with HEPA filters along with a cooling system, then the HP02 from Dyson is the heater you’ve been looking for.
The HP02 is a digital electric heater that you can easily connect to your mobile and intelligent house system device via Wi-Fi, and the interaction process is simple and effective, so anyone can use it without facing any hindrance.
It also comes with intelligent safety features that will make your life much easier. What’s more, this heater also serves as an air purifier, making it the best choice for any garage.
- This 120v heater comes with a cooling and filtering process
- Comes with a remote controlling system that allows users to control the heater through their smartphone
- Auto-lock and night mode for convenience
- Hepa filter keeps the air purified
- Offers great portability
- Customer service is not that great; especially with warranties
- Cost is higher than other available options
3. Homegear Compact – Best 120v Electric Garage Heaters
This mica & quartz infrared heat tube-based heater is one of the lightest and compact 120v electric garage heaters you will be able to find in the market. Although it is small, this 1500-watt heater can generate 5100 BTU while the LED display makes it easier to monitor.
- Generates 5100 BTU and spreads the heat faster than most
- The LED monitor provides easy interactions
- Comes with two different heat modes
- Easy and portable solution
- A great budget option
- Temperature control is not the best
4. Patton PUH680-N-U
This electric heater from Patton serves users who want a compact and easily portable heating solution for their basements. The PUH680-N-U is a milk-house heater that comes in with a strong stainless-steel structure.
The Patton PUH680-N-U also comes with two different heat options 1000 watt and 1500 watt. This gives the users more versatility while choosing a heating option. And for a small basement, you don’t need anything more than that.
It is an excellent choice for low-budget buyers who are looking for a small but powerful machine.
- Electric heater with easy portable options
- Comes with two different heat settings consisting of 1000 watt and 1500-watt power settings
- Best suited for small basements
- Auto shut off technology to provide efficiency
- Milkhouse heater comes with carrying handle
- A good option for someone on a budget
- Suited for small spaces not suitable if you want to cover a large basement
- Durability is not the best
5. Heal Storm PHX
Another great 120v electric heater, the PHX from Heat Storm is one of the unique portable heaters as it can be wall-mounted along with the standard placing of most 120v heaters. This light-weighted heater generates 1500 watts of power while being an efficient, innovative solution.
It can be connected to your home via Wi-Fi
- Smart 120v electric heater
- Perfect for garages as it can be wall-mounted
- Has intelligent protection and auto-lock system
- Can generate 1500 of power
- Very quiet, and the heater or grill is safe to touch
- Gets overheated around the heating plug after long hours of work
Buying Guide – Best 120v Electric Garage Heaters
Finding the best 120v electric garage heater can be a daunting task, and that’s why in this article, we’ve discussed the features you need to consider before getting a 120v electric garage heater.
Now, when it comes to getting the best 120v electric garage heater, there are many core factors that one needs to consider before labeling a 120v heater the best for him or herself. Here are a few things that you need to consider before coming to a conclusion over the best 120v heater:
Size of the Heater – Best 120v Electric Garage Heaters
The size of your 120v heater plays a significant part in what type of heater should be best for your basement. The heater’s extent also depends on the area it needs to cover, namely the size of your basement.
So, make sure that your heater comes with the optimal size compared to your basement. Otherwise, you will be left with a heater that can’t fully warm up your basement, and you will be back to square one over your basement temperature.
Thermostat – Best 120v Electric Garage Heaters
One of the essential features of a basement heater is its thermostats. It is a kind of controller that helps you increase or decrease the temperature you want for your basement.
For 120v garage heaters, there are two types of the thermostat;
Analog Thermostat: which is like a rotary dial
Digital Thermostat: which allows you to choose a numeric temperature.
Timer – Best 120v Electric Garage Heaters
A heater with a timer is efficient and saves you from overheating your basement while also making your electricity cost lower. And if you use your basement as a workspace, then having a timer with your 120v heater is a must as that way, you’ll have more control over your total workflow.
Remote Controlled Device – Best 120v Electric Garage Heaters
Nowadays, most of the things around us can be controlled by our smartphones or smart-home system. So why not our heater too? Having a remote-controlled heater will help to manage your heater settings just using your phone.
And this doesn’t mean you need smartphones for this as you can also use traditional remoter controllers to do this for you.
So, as it makes your life easier and provides you with more comfort, you should go for a 120v garage heater that comes with remote control technologies.
A smart heater can ensure your safety and also protect you from danger. A device that heats your room can cause trouble by its characteristics. It may cause overheating, which you won’t like to happen.
A tip-over auto-shutoff system and overheat protection must-have in your heater to ensure your safety because we believe that nothing is more important than your safety.
Not only that, but it can also prevent dangers by mis press or malfunction of the system.
Finding the best 120v electric garage heater is hard on the current market, to say the least as there are many good options, and you might even see the best until you find a significant flaw.
But if you have come this far, then hopefully, you’ve found the best 120v electric garage heater for yourself. So, we believe it’s time for you to enjoy a warm and comfortable feel in your garage.
You can also read : Best Garage Vacuum Cleaner